Saturday, February 28, 2009

Praise the Lord!

I had a great night tonight. My church dedicated our new building and it was a party! We had a wonderful worship service with communion and then we played music and danced the rest of the night! Besides being so much fun it is so amazing to be a part of this church. My church has been meeting, growing, and surviving through the Grace of God for almost 20 years now. I became a part of it (much to my dismay at first) about 11 years ago and I'm so grateful for it. My church is truly my extended family. I was so overwhelmed with emotion and gratitude for all that I've been through with my church. I remember when we got the permission to meet in another church's fellowship hall, and that was pretty great. I remember when my dad was the head of the building committee and headed the building campaign to get our very own building to worship in. With the help of many people from many religions all around the Salt Lake Valley we got our building up. It's where I met some of my dearest friends while writing scriptures on the framing wood and concrete floor before they were covered and placing each and every stone on the outside with our very own hands. We've come so far from meeting in any building we could to having our own small building out in a field to now having our building with the sanctuary and the new building that is our fellowship hall (that isn't just a hallway) with lots of new rooms for the kids and youth. This church has come so far and has been such a blessing in my life and I'm truly honored and overjoyed to be a part of it. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Some wedding pictures and some Lake Cabin Trip pictures from this sumemr!