Monday, February 9, 2009

I know I was born to do this.

Had a really, really, really hard day at work last week.  Hardest day I may ever have in my career and I'm not even a nurse yet.  And it was an event that some nurses that have been doing nursing in Labor and Delivery for years have never experienced.  I couldn't be more grateful for the team that was on that night; the Doctors, RN's, etc.  I wish things had worked out differently but they didn't and we all have to accept that.  I pray that all the others that were there that night are coping and I pray for the family of the patient.  We don't have all the answers but this did bring me comfort in an odd way.  I have always said, even in my essays for nursing school apps, that even after the longest night of the hardest shift that I still want to come back to work for my next shift.  And guess what...  I still do.  Even after this I know in my soul that I was born to do this job and I still want to go back to work tomorrow night.  

3 comments:

The McEnaney's said...

Wow..you guys have been having some hard nights! I hope your night tonight is better!

Anonymous said...

I heard and I'm sorry that you had to experience that.

Harris Family said...

I LOVE this post. You were definitely born to be a Nurse, and you will do some great things in your lifetime. I'm sorry that you had to experience something so sad.

Some wedding pictures and some Lake Cabin Trip pictures from this sumemr!