Friday, April 1, 2011

The Nursery!!

So last weekend we finished getting the office completely cleaned out so we could make room in our tiny condo for little Scarlet!

The week before, we went to Lowes and picked out some paint swatches. The two colors Max picked were perfection. "Umm... Duh. Of course they are!" He says. :) So I come home from my CRAZY graveyard shift after breakfast with Dara (we needed to decompress after that shift... lol) and I slept for a couple hours. We go get the paint, come home and get it on the walls, and it's even better than I thought it would be! The paint we got is the truest to paint swatch I've ever used! There was no need to go a shade lighter to make sure it didn't turn out too dark or anything like that. So then I get the idea for picture that I want to put up in Scarlet's room above her crib... When I do my maternity pictures in a couple more months I had the idea to have a picture of just my tummy with mine and Max's hands on it done in black and white. Then when she's born I want to have a picture of her with just me and one of her with just Max done. Then I want to hang all three in her room together. Cute right? :)

So that makes me think of a fun way to do the tummy picture and I tell Max to paint his hand yellow and my hand pink and we'll each put our "hands" on her! He took the picture and it's so cute! I can't wait to get it printed and up on the wall!

On Sunday we finished the painting and got all her stuff that we've been collecting since December out and put in it's place in there. Well sort of. I got her hung clothes in the closet and all her stuffed animals on her mantle. And oh lord, this baby has quite a few stuffed animals... LOL

When Max was a kid he didn't have a favorite teddy bear, he had a Funt (and elephant). So this baby is going to be what we call a "Funt Baby". Max and I want her to love funts like he did. So I lined them all up on her mantle and they almost go wall to wall!! :D So if you see a cute funt thing, let me know so I can add it to her collection. :)

See? LOTS of FUNTS!

Our families both want this baby to be a reader like her daddy so we're collecting books now! A couple of our faves so far. Where the Wild Things Are from Grandma and I'll Love You Forever from Granny. :) We take turns reading to her now, maybe she'll recognize them when she gets here...

FUNTS!!

The few things that we've gotten for her so far.

This is Scarlet's, but I got it for my birthday from Granny. Because of the whole funt thing with Max. I LOVE it! :D

No comments:

Some wedding pictures and some Lake Cabin Trip pictures from this sumemr!