Friday, April 1, 2011

It's a gIrL!!

So just as we thought, we are having a Scarlet Eleanor, not a Cooper James! It was quite the "thing" deciding whether or not to find out. My WHOLE family thought that I was spoiling one of life's greatest surprises by finding out, and I had to agree with them. However Max's entire family thought I was being a party pooper by not finding out. It was time to put our heads together and find a happy compromise. :)

So I told Max that I could be happy finding out as long as we did it in a very fun, exciting way. He wasn't sure about it but I explained to him that finding out was sacrificing a big part of this experience for me and so he agreed to do something fun and special and NOT spoil it like he does Christmas and birthday presents! :)

The day of the ultrasound (February 24th, I know, I'm a bad mom for not blogging before now... I gotta work on that.) we told the tech that we wanted to find out but we didn't want her to tell us there in the office. We wanted her to tell us when she was getting close to seeing "it" or lack there of on the screen and we'd look away, she'd take the picture, print GIRL or BOY on it with the little arrow and put it in a sealed envelope for us. Then we took the sealed envelope to build-a-bear and we picked out a girl and a boy outfit (that cost the same so Max couldn't cheat!) and then after we put the heart in and stuffed it, THEY would take it to the back and dress it appropriately and seal it up in the box. Then we could open with our family and everyone would know at the same time! The girls at the clinic thought it was the cutest idea ever, and the girls at the build-a-bear had so much fun with it and helped me make sure there was NO way Max could cheat and find out before anyone else. It. Was. Torture. ;)

So then we headed down to my mom's because she was hosting the party for us! She didn't care about peeking early until I put the box in the middle of the living room table and then she kept asking if we were going to cheat and look before the rest of the family came. LOL I couldn't believe that it was even torturing her!

So our family came and the SECOND everyone was there we sat down and opened the box. For a split second I still had just a TINY bit of doubt that it was a girl, but as soon as I saw the extra little bows that the girls at Build-a-Bear added (at no charge, so sweet!) I knew and I was so excited! I pulled her out and showed everyone and my mom ran across the room to give me a huge hug! We had my sis, my best friend Brittany, and Max's sis on speaker phone on 3 different cells so they could hear at the same time as everyone else.

It was so perfect! I'm so happy we did it this way. It was so fun for everyone to find out together and to have a big party for her now. :) I think we'll do the same thing for our next baby and then on #3 (Yes, Honey, we are having 3!) I'll get my birth-day surprise! :)


FINALLY tearing into the box!

I saw the sweet little bows that the girls @ Build-a-Bear added for free for us to dress her up a little more.

And there SHE is! It's a girl!

Look Baby, we get a little girl!! :D

Then Grandma swooped in for the first hug! I think she was the MOST excited!

Proud daddy and his GIRLS!

Talking to my sis and Brittany

Auntie Tracie on speaker phone, SOBBING, because she was so happy!

Max telling his sis OFF speaker phone, she and the kids were so excited!!

And there she is, Scarlet's first bear!

No comments:

Some wedding pictures and some Lake Cabin Trip pictures from this sumemr!