Friday, April 1, 2011

Mommy's Dream Birth Plan

This one will only be really funny to all my L&D friends, so this is for you girls! LOL

Today on my home from work I was talking to my mom, as usual. She talks me home from work EVERY day. (I know, she's the best mama ever!) She asks me, "So when do you think you'll deliver?" And I was like, "Huh?!? You know the answer to this question..." So she asked what the latest is I could go if I had to be induced and I explained that if I didn't have the baby before 41 weeks gestation (August 1st) that Dr. Macy would schedule me for an indicated induction due to Post-Dates (being overdue by more than 7 days). And then she said, "So you can't be sure whether you'll deliver in July or August huh? Because gramma JeanAnn is wanting to at least stitch a month onto the blanket she's making you..." Yep, don't know... I wish I could say! :) So then she precedes to ask me how I THINK it will go. Oh here it is ya'll, the funny part - My DREAM Birth Plan, seriously LOL girls, right?! :D

Ahem... Mommy's Dream Birth Plan:

I go to my 37 week appointment. Dr. Macy checks me and reports that I'm 2+ cm dilated and that I'm 60% effaced!! Woohoo for a primipara (first time mom)!

The following week I go to my 38 week appointment and find out that I'm not 3+ cm dilated and 80% effaced! WOW! This baby could come ANY time.

I go home and start to contract irregularly throughout the day. Max comes home from work that day and we have dinner and start really timing my contractions because they are becoming more painful and more regular. When it gets to be about time for bed my contractions are about every 5 minutes apart. I decide to get in the tub and see if they slow down. They don't, so I take a shower and get ready to go into the hospital.

We call ahead to give the girls a heads up and see how nuts it is at work. ;) We get to the hospital at about 11:30 at night and to my surprise I'm dilated to almost 7 cm and completely effaced!! So I get my epidural (because I'm not crazy and doing this unmedicated!! lol)

At 12:30, Scarlet's heart rate starts to have some variables (normal when someone is complete) and I start to feel some pressure. The nurse comes in and checks me and my water breaks and she tells us I'm completely dilated and effaced and I'm a +1 station!

They call Dr. Macy and decide to have me rest and descend for an hour and she'll come in and deliver me! So in an hour they come in and I'm a +2 station and ready for delivery. We start pushing and Dr. Macy gets there and I push for a grand-total of 30 minutes and I don't tear and Scarlet Eleanore weighs 7 lbs 15 oz! :D

YEAH, RIGHT?! LOL :)

We'll see how this really goes...

No comments:

Some wedding pictures and some Lake Cabin Trip pictures from this sumemr!