Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer Wrap Up ~ Where did Summer go?!

WARNING: Forever long post with lots of pix!

Jeeze! I need to not be such a slacker when it comes to my blog! Sorry! Been SUPER busy this summer! I did 4 weddings from April-July and just booked another one for December! My photography stuff has really taken off this year and I'm so glad! I've had a lot of opportunities to photograph a lot of different people and I've loved every minute of it!

My summer started off (technically) back in April with my finals, just three days after the first wedding of the season! Phew! Before Finals were even over we started remodeling our condo to get it ready to put on the market. We got new doors, new carpet, painted the walls, etc; you name it, we did it! It looks fantastic! We are so pleased with it and if it was big enough, it would be a pleasure to stay here for awhile longer, but we can't! We're selling our condo so we can move in with the parents (yes, again...) so we can save some moneys and get into a new place when I graduate school in the spring!!! The sale is going S-L-O-W... But we kind of knew it would in this market so we're glad we got it up on the market when we did.

After the remodel I was swamped with 2-3 photo shoots a week! I did babies, families, bridals, engagements, etc! I shot at some new places and have added a lot to my portfolio! (www.candidsbycallie.com) That kept me busy for most of May and June.

At the end of June I went to Seattle to photograph the second wedding of the season, my cousin's. It was SO MUCH FUN! She put us up in this FAB hotel on the 11th floor overlooking the beautiful town of Bellvue! We went out for drinks every night and just played, played, played! It was fun to see my mom's side of the family. We realized all 6 granddaughters hadn't all been together in 10 years!! So we took what used to be the annual granddaughter picture to commemorate the event! :D It was a great vacay with my sis and I'm so glad my cousin asked me to be her photographer! I took a short road-trip back to Spokane to spend not enough time with my dad's family over there before I flew home.

I came home just in time for the annual New Twilight Movie Premier Girls' Night! Eclipse! We had 40 women this time and the movie and dinner were a blast as usual! Love my Twi-hard Girls!

That week ended with a WEEKEND full of weddings! I did my friend, Leslie's beautiful wedding that Friday and wrapped up the week with a 4th of July wedding up at Millcreek. Gorgeous venues, beautiful weddings, LOADS of pictures! :D

July wrapped up with my sister coming home for TEN DAYS!!! We saw each other almost every day, went to a bees game, family bbqs, and then the trip wrapped up with the Mary Chapin Carpenter concert at Red Butte with my mom and Larry. It was great! We had wine and salmon and great bread with oil and vinegar. Ahhh... SO much fun! And then I was completely bummed when she left the next day. Like more bummed than usual. I cried myself to sleep the night she left. I think it's because we've seen so much of each other in the last 4 months and I knew that it would be awhile before I saw her again. It's hard when your only sibling lives so far away. :( But hopefully we will be able to make it up to Washington for Turkey Day!

And of course these loaded all out of order! But here's what I've been up to!

4th of July Wedding
Bride with her dad

4th of July Wedding
They wanted a couple fun pix to show they got married on Independence day!

Leslie's wedding!

Leslie's Wedding!

Leslie's Wedding

Weirdo we picked up at the MCC concert in August. He was nice til it was over and then he and his friend we're just freakin' creeepy!!!

Barefoot Muscato! My FAVE!!!

Me, Mama, and sis @ Theresa's Seattle Wedding in June

Sis and I waiting for the gates to open @ Red Butte for our Concert! It was so blasted hot!!!

One of my absolute favorite pictures I've done this year! (and overall)

One of Leslie's bridal pix from the Capitol Building. It was the first time I shot there and I loved it!

Another Capitol Bridal Picture of Leslie's

All 6 granddaughters on my mom's side!

Theresa's Wedding Cake. Beautifully Simple!

Theresa's flower girl and ring bearer


One of Leslie and Jordan's engagement pix! Love it! They were so fun to shoot!

The couple that is SOOO in love! They are so sweet to each other and love each other SOOO much! Never seen such a doting fiance/husband before!


One of my BFF's little sisters.

Max's best friend's son! LOVE this baby! :D

Sweet little newborn! Loved this shoot!

Another fave from the little newborn shoot I did in April

New paint in the bedroom!

New paint in the kitchen!

New carpet, new paint, new plant... Completely redone living room!

New entertainment center to go along with the new living room!

My April Wedding

My April Wedding Bride

More of her!

And here we are in August! Where did the time go? I'm all caught up with photo editing and just have one more shoot before school starts on Monday. Had orientation (if you could call it that... whatevs) last night and then today I reunited with a dear, long-lost friend (Torry) and tonight I'm going out with one of my best friends, Erin, to ride a mechanical bull at a trashy bar! Woot! Tomorrow I'm supposed to be going boating with Erin and her Fam and then it's getting ready for the real world to hit me hard, in the face, on Monday. I'll try to be a better about updating more often so you don't have to read such a crazy long post about 4 months' worth of things!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your remodeled house! So cute and I love how it's decorated!!! Looks like you had a fun but busy summer!!

The McEnaney's said...

I love it when you post even if it is only ever 4 months! :)

Some wedding pictures and some Lake Cabin Trip pictures from this sumemr!