Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's TIME!

Ok, ya'll. I've decided the time has come for me to stop being fat! Yes, FAT! I'm way beyond what "they" say I should weigh for my height. And I know the BMI doesn't take muscle and all that into account, but I still do not like the number I see on the scale and I know it's not healthy for me to weigh what I weigh right now. And since Max and I are hoping to be pregnant in the next year, I'd like to start at a HEALTHY weight. I look back at pictures of me from my wedding day and our honeymoon (back when I thought I was "fat") and I came to the realization that I looked pretty damn great and that I would kill to be that size again. So that's my ultimate goal. I weighed 133 lbs on my wedding day (I know because I was desperately trying to lose weight before the wedding and I lost 8 lbs the week of my wedding because I was so stressed about my mom's emergency, exploratory bowel resection surgery she just "had" to have so she could have all the attention on her that week... ;) Kidding mom! (she lost 15 lbs that week, and not in a good way...)) Anyway... SO I'd like to get down to 130 lbs by December of this year. That's 45 lbs in about 8 months. I don't think that's an outrageous goal, especially because I'm setting smaller goals along the way. Little half-way goals, I guess. My first goal is to be down to 155 by our wedding anniversary on June 9th. I started all this on April 6th so that's 10 lbs a month, broken down to 2.5 lbs a week, a healthy pace.

With all that off my chest, here's the scoop:

I started Weight Watchers last week and now that I'm almost out of school (two more lectures and two finals....) I'm going to go to Zumba 5-6 days a week because I love it so much and it makes me feel good when I go! I get 26 points a day with WW currently but as soon as I lose a few more lbs, that will go down. And I earn about 5 points a day when I do Zumba.

Here's my progress so far. I only made it ONE Zumba class last week but I was pretty good with the points. And this is what I have to show for it.

Starting weight: 175.4 lbs
Goal weight: 155 by June 9th (our anniversary)

Weight today (one week in): 172.7
Loss: 2.7 lbs
Weight to lose: 17.7 lbs

SO, here it goes. I'm doing this for real this time. No more messing around. I want to be the healthiest, happiest me I can be! :D

9 comments:

The Call's said...

Oh my heck butt!! I love you! Thank you for posting this!! I have the EXACT same goal!!! Our #s our exactly the same!! Yay.. now I will text you and you can text me and we can keep each other going!

Anonymous said...

I should join in on this too!! I was working out every morning and then I had to have an ingrow toenail removed so I haven't been working out going on 3 weeks this week! Needless to say the Zingers are getting the best of me!! You are awesome for posting this and I'm going to challenge myself!

Unknown said...

way to go chica! keep up the awesome work :) and congrats on being almost done with school!!

Brittany and AJ said...

Way to go and good luck!!! I hope you make your goal, miss ya:(

The McEnaney's said...

That awesome Callie! I was thinking about Weight Watchers..maybe you will have to get me onboard!

Auri said...

Way to go Callie!! So I guess this means I can't bring extravagant cupcakes to work? Hmm... maybe I'll start making tofu bars for our enjoyment?
Love you!!

Nutty Nicky said...

That is amazing to lose in one week. It's always good to have goals, because when I don't I fail. I know you can do it!!! Keep up the good work.

★Nicolle★ said...

I need to get back on track myself! It's hard, but with positivity and support you can do it!

The Waltons said...

Ok babe. Now that you've put in all in writing, it's for real!

Some wedding pictures and some Lake Cabin Trip pictures from this sumemr!