Thursday, August 6, 2009

GlItTeR ToEs!!!

Hooray for glitter toes! They are the newest, fantastic, fun thing to do with your toes! I've seen tons of people where I live, and tons of people, including my fave aunt and her daughter with them up in Idaho and Washington. So I decided I wanted to have mine done too! I found a blog in which a woman shares her little secret of how to have glitter toes without spending a ton of money and having to have the gel on your nails that is very hard on them and hard to get off when you're done. So here they are!

All you do is get loose glitter (I got a huge pack from Walmart with EVERY color I could possibly want) and then you paint your toe nails with a coordinating nail color, and while the polish is still wet, cover your toes with glitter. Then take a clear top coat and paint over the glitter to seal it in. I did a couple coats to make them extra sparkly and shiny! Then take a small paintbrush or make-up brush and brush away all the extra glitter that sticks to your toes. Make sure to do it over a peice of paper so you can save the excess glitter that spills. I'm thrilled with the result! I think they look great and now I just have to see how long they last! I posted a pic, but you can't laugh at my ugly feet! I hate my feet, but I wanted you to be able to see the finished product because the woman I got the idea from didn't. Here are my Glitter Toes! :)



4 comments:

The Call's said...

CUTE!!! That is a great idea! I can't wait to try it!

Auri said...

I didn't realize that's how you did it!! And they are way cute feet;)

Unknown said...

Interesting!

Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

That IS a good idea I think I'll try it tonight! Thx Callie!

Some wedding pictures and some Lake Cabin Trip pictures from this sumemr!